My bug is ...

Texture export issues (bad paths given in .dae or.fbx files)

I use Win 10 64.
I both installed VC++ Redistributable (x86) and (x64) in order to making TextureConverter.exe working...even if, I have an error message in the bach cmd window :
TextureConverter.exe: UnableToOpenConfigureFile `magic.xml' @ warning/configure.c/GetConfigureOptions/708.

Then, but I have 3 issues :
Issue 1 : Created .dae (and then also.fbx if created) files refer to a bad path for textures

Issue 2 : the value of the path may vary according the PlayUp preferences defined in Skechup

Example1 :
PlayUp preferences (for Unity) with "Asset Path" and "Custom Export Path" set to 2 different values :
in .dae file, the first "Materials/" folder name is missing ?
<init_from>Textures/Brick_Colored_Blue.tga</init_from>
instead of <init_from>Materials/Textures/Brick_Colored_Blue.tga</init_from>

Example 2 :
PlayUp preferences (for Unity) with "Asset Path" and "Custom Export Path" set to the same value = a valid Unity Asset folder):
Then, in .dae file, a "Object" folder is added in extra... nut not needed, in the path :
in dae :
Objects/Materials/Textures/playup_nomaterial.tga</init_from>

in fbx, then :
Property: "Path", "KString", "", "D:\JG\Data\Unity\PlayUp\Assets\Objects\Objects\Materials\Textures\Metal_Corrogated_Shiny.tga"

Issue 3 :
If the texture file as a blank(space), then .dae or .fbx will also refer to a bad file name :
Example : if texture file is "nice texture.tga"
Then the texture filename will be troncated to "nice" in the .dae or fbx files...

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)